Sunday, August 25, 2013

My African Safari - the first leg



My first African safari. I am here, in the Timbavati Reserve aside the Kruger National Park in South Africa. I'm staying at the private Tanda Tula game lodge. What an amazing place. I requested a "luxurious camping" experience where there are no spas or elevators or paved parking lots. Instead, I requested being out in nature, as unobtrusive as possible, but still VERY comfortable, and even luxurious with nice bedding, good meals, white linen table cloths, etc. My agent read my mind by booking me at Tanda Tula. It is perfect. I'm staying in a very well made thatched roof tent with a wonderful wooden deck, mud/hay cemented large bathroom, outdoor shower and exquisite bedding overlooking a river bed.

The lodge itself has no outside wall. It has a roof, a left wall and removable tent side walls that can be let down in cold or windy weather, or put up. They were up most of the time. The lodge overlooks a beautiful infinity pool that overlooks a watering hole that I would soon discover was a popular place with a certain old female elephant and a hippo.




The food is fantastic with beautiful settings that make you forget you are out in the bush and not in a 5-star hotel.

I am excited about my upcoming adventures. Tanda Tula Lodge

To see my photos from this stay, see here: Tanda Tula Timbavati Best Shots - 1
Tanda Tula Timbavati Best Shots 2 




No comments:

Post a Comment